Go to Thames Isis website
Home | Our Church | Our Community | Our Faith | Need help? | Contact | Thames ISIS website

Our Church

Newsletter

Parish Directory

Noticeboards

Parish Diary

Location Map

Picture gallery/tour

History

Also see

Join our Parish

Portsmouth Diocese

 

 

Mass Times

Sunday & Weekday Masses at The Good Shepherd and other churches in the area

Key Contacts

Fr Daniel Lloyd

The Chapel of The Good Shepherd

Bagley Wood Road

Kennington

Oxford

 

Parish Office

email


 

Hospital Chaplains
Advice about going into hospital

 

 

Home

and Welcome to The Good Shepherd, Kennington, Oxford

The Chapel of the Good Shepherd in Bagley Wood Road, Kennington, is part of the Parish of North Hinskey in Oxford and celebrates Monday evening Mass at 6.30pm each week.

Weekday Masses are subject to occasional variation - see the notice board at the Church gate, or weekly newsletter for up-to-date information.

Led by Parish Priest Fr Daniel Lloyd, the Chapel has strong links with the main Parish Church – Our Lady of the Rosary, Botley – and the other two sister Churches in the Parish – Holy Rood, Abingdon Road, and the Chapel of St Thomas More, Boars Hill.

Here you can ask for help, find Key Contacts and keep up to date via our Parish Notice Boards and register to join one of our parishes.

The Chapel of the Good Shepherd was built in 1958. Although Sunday Mass is not celebrated there, except for Christmas and Easter, in recent years, a core group of parishioners has continued the tradition of playing a leading part in local ecumenical activities, and in particular Kennington Overseas Aid which has raised over £333,000 since 1969 for various projects in the developing world.

Headway, a charity which assists those who have suffered brain injury, now uses Good Shepherd as a day centre on three days each week.

 

 

 

 

Picture courtesy of  www.freechristimages.org

General Notices

Noticeboard

In Our Prayers