Confirmation preparation for Thames Isis Pastoral
Area is now centrally co-ordinated with each Parish
using the same syllabus.
Each parish has a group or
a combined group with a smaller parish with
candidates meeting weekly.
The candidates for the
Area also meet up as a group on four occasions for a
full day covering topics from the syllabus. It is
hoped that each candidate will get to know not only
young people from their own Parish but young people
from the Area as well.
Candidates are normally in year 8 at school but this is
The course takes between fifteen and twenty weeks with
sessions lasting two hours. For details about classes
contact the Parish .
Topics covered include:
- Why baptism?
- What does baptism do?
- How do
we live our baptism?
- Responsibilities of Baptism.
Baptism make a difference in our lives?
- Sign and Symbol.
- Structure ; Liturgy of the Word/
Liturgy of the Eucharist. Where to find the texts. How to be
- Importance . Why do we go to Mass?
- Belonging • Mission and Ministry
- How do we
- What is it to be a member of the Church?
- The Ten Commandments / Where to find them?
/How they came about /How do we live the commandments? How
are they relevant today?
- The Beatitudes / Where we find
them/ Why important/ Links with Christian living and
- Precepts of the Church / rules of the church
/ How do we live the rules of the Church? Why are there
rules to follow?
- Corporal Works of Mercy
- Images of God/
Jesus (in scripture and tradition)
- The origin of the Sacraments
- History and development of sacred scripture
- How to find your way around the Bible
- How do we use the
- How do we pray
- Forms of prayer
prayer in the Church: Divine Office: Rosary: Meditation:
If you would like your child to join in the next
programme of preparation, please contact your Parish